AC REPLACEMENT & INSTALLATION
Nationwide Home Solutions has been offering high quality heating and cooling solutions to homes throughout Tampa, North Tampa, Tampa Bay and all surrounding counties since 2006! Replacing your AC system can sometimes be a little overwhelming so we will make the process easy and simple for you with same day service, free estimates and 100 % satisfaction guarantee.
Our team of experts are skilled and highly trained and work with the best products to ensure that your new AC system will be energy efficient and long lasting. Remember that your comfort is our goal, so we are here to help every step of the way!
Air conditioners are not built to last forever so it is important to know when it is necessary to replace your AC system. Replacing your AC system depends on the age of the AC system as well as its current condition.
When does your AC need to be replaced?
- When your AC system life span is over – If the system is more than a decade old, the AC is likely living on borrowed time. Even when you have it repaired, it will probably display more issues just a few years down the line so it may be best to replace the AC unit.
- When your AC system uses R22 Refrigerant – when an AC system consumes too much energy, the problem is usually due to failing mechanisms that struggle to perform the same basic functions that they once did effortlessly. Consequently, the AC strains and consumes more energy to provide sufficient coolness.
- When your AC system seems less and less effective. If the AC seems less powerful than it did the prior summer, your air system could be losing its power.
- When your heating and cooling bills are getting steeper – When an air system consumes too much energy, the problem is usually due to failing mechanisms that struggle to perform the same basic functions that they once did effortlessly. Consequently, the AC system strains and consumes more energy to provide sufficient coolness.
- When repairs are needed more frequently. If you have had the same air system for more than a decade, you might have had the system serviced two or three times over the years. If you suddenly need to have it serviced again just months after the last round of maintenance, that is an indicator that the AC is in for greater problems. All AC systems give out eventually, the question is when. With some systems, responsible upkeep and periodic maintenance can keep the AC running well past its life expectancy. Usually, maintenance is more of a patch than a cure once the system has exceeded its full life expectancy. If the system now requires frequent repairs, such work is liable to be a drain on your wallet that won’t pay off in the long run.
- When your AC thermostat is not working – Your air conditioners thermostat is the command center of the system. The thermostat communicates with the AC, letting it know the amount of cold air it must generate. Also, it takes measurements to ensure it is doing its job. If your air conditioning unit runs for small periods of time prior to shutting itself off, or if it won’t turn on altogether, this can be an indication that the thermostat is not determining correctly if the system is operating or not. If you are experiencing this issue, you want a trained HVAC specialist to examine this as well due to the complex electrical components involved.
- When there is Freon or water leaks around the AC unit – Any moisture leaking in or around your AC system is a problem. This can be an indication of a refrigerant leak. Due to Freon being hazardous, contact a professional immediately. However, in less serious cases, this moisture may be water from a broken or blocked tube that disposes of condensation. This issue may exhibit itself in more than one way. In some cases, you will notice water leaking out of the HVAC system; while other times, ice may develop inside your AC unit on the copper refrigerant lines located outside the condenser. Either way, this is a warning sign that you should contact an HVAC specialist.